Sustainability development is one of the guiding principles for our corporation. Mission Hills Group had drawn up a ‘green strategy’ to protect the natural environment and has mapped out the direction of future development in the context of community, culture and the environment. We would like to create sustainable benefits for the community, our clients and staff by promoting sustainable development. We will continue with our work in promoting sustainable development, and protecting, nurturing and rendering care to our people, environment and community.
Mission Hills Group has all long placed much emphasis on our corporate responsibility for the environment. Under our Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dr. Chu’s advocacy and promotion, we have vigorously implemented low-carbon and environmental protection measures within the group, and we committed to promoting “low-carbon, ecology and environmental protection” and it is indeed the cornerstone of our sustainable development strategy. The sustainability team draws up, oversees and coordinates initiatives to promote corporate sustainability, and works with suppliers and contractors to ensure that we conduct our business with the highest standards of professionalism and good conduct. Our sustainability policy is in place and our performance is reviewed regularly. Learn more about our Sustainability Policy.
Mission Hills is committed to making significant contributions to our environment. We have put in place various programs to reduce carbon, energy, and water consumption and waste generation across our golf clubs and hotels. We understand the importance of environmental protection and are committed to minimizing any environmental impact due to our operation.
Delivering top quality service to our guests every day requires the commitment, enthusiasm, and dedication of every member of Mission Hills. People are our most valuable asset and play a key role in our success. We encourage an open culture of diversity and equal opportunity and seek to maintain a respectful, inspirational and safe workplace. In addition to the core processes that underpin the way we work with our staff every day, we will:
- Comply with international ethical and legal standards
- Commit to the human rights
- Provide a healthy and safe working environment
- Provide trainings to staff
- Provide team building programs to staff
As well as caring for our staff, we seek to help the society and the local community. We recognize that the vitality of our business is directly linked to the vitality of the communities where we operate in. Our community involvement framework is grounded in the idea of unlocking potential to maximize our impact. We help the communities, where we live and work, to prosper through job creation, local sourcing, and economic development. Over the past 20 years, we have made great contributions to sports development in China. Our charity programs have also benefited many in China by providing education opportunities and by sending donations during natural disasters.
- Between 1993 and 1995, Mission Hills made significant contributions to the development of the China Sports Foundation.
- In 1995, the founder of Mission Hills, Dr. David Chu negotiated the appointment of legendary Chinese volleyball player Jenny Lang as head coach of China’s National Women’s Volleyball Team, a move that has brought the team great renown and global success.
- Mission Hills has been supporting the development of tennis in China by bringing the Centennial Davis Cup to its club in 1999, and subsequently establishing a professional tennis program directed by Asia’s leading instructors.
- The founder of Mission Hills, Dr. David Chu led the special advisory council for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Bidding Committee and helped to successfully secure the Games for China in Moscow on July 13, 2001.
- Mission Hills assisted Shenzhen City in its successful bid to host the 2011 World University Games; the golf and tennis competitions were carried out at Mission Hills.
- Mission Hills was a major sponsor of the 2009 East Asian Games in Hong Kong.
- Supported Beijing 2008 Olympic and promoted popularity of youth golf.
- Mission Hills has provided endowments to Nanjing University, Nankai University, Shenzhen University and many elementary schools in underdeveloped regions of China, including schools in Yunnan, Sichuan, Guangxi, Guizhou and Shanxi.
- In 1996, Mission Hills became a driving force behind the establishment of the Shenzhen Education Development Foundation.
- In 2003, Mission Hills supported the establishment of the Physical Education & Sports Science School at the South China Normal University.
- In 2004 and 2006, Mission Hills funded a Physical Therapy Master Program co-developed by Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Huazhong University of Science and Technology. The program has produced over 200 internationally accredited physical therapy masters to date.
- In 2007, Mission Hills set in motion the largest Mandarin (or Putonghua) promotion foundation in Hong Kong by endowing it with a startup capital of HK$20million; the foundation aimed to popularize Mandarin in Hong Kong through a variety of activities.
- Dr. David Chu supported education development of sport and culture.
Mission Hills made significant donations towards disaster relief, including the SARS Outbreak in 2003, the Indian Ocean Tsunami in December 2004, natural disasters in Guangdong Province in 2006 and 2008, and the Sichuan Earthquake in 2008.
Mission Hills is a strong supporter of numerous charities and philanthropic organizations, including (but not limited to) the China Charity Federation, the Shenzhen Bao’an District Charity Association (committed to improving medical and educational conditions of areas in need), the Hong Kong Charity Foundation for Arts and Academic Progress, as well a Hong Kong foundation that focuses on educating political and public management talents, and funds civil associations in their vocational training and poverty alleviation programs.
Dr. David Chu supported charities and philanthropies
Haikou Air Quality Monitoring Station was invested 2 million RMB and built by Mission Hills. The station uses advanced equipment and technology to measure 10 parameters at the same time, including PM2.5, CO, NO2, SO2, O3 and other five meteorological parameters. It can provide authoritative air quality data.
Haikou Air Quality Monitoring Station
Our green strategy reconciles social needs, economic interests, and environmental protection and promotes the development of the entire golf industry. We have great strides in combining tourism and natural environment, culture and living environment. Our mission is to “To advance with time and inspire happy, healthy and harmonious lifestyles and experiences for all” and our vision is “To be a leading world class brand and a pioneer in the global leisure and tourism industry”.
These measures have yield fruitful rewards in terms of economic and environmental benefits. Mission Hills will continue to push ahead our sustainable development work accordingly to our plan and established measures. For the betterment of the mankind, let’s join hands for the further promotion of carbon reduction and environment protection!