- On January 6th, the Press Conference for 2014 World Ladies Championship was held in Mission Hills Shenzhen.
- From February 11th to 13th, the Grand Final of the 4th Mission Hills Golf Series Junior Tour was held at Leadbetter course in Mission Hills Dongguan.
- From March 6th to 9th, the 3rd World Ladies Championship was successfully held at Blackstone course in Mission Hills Haikou.
- On March 7th, the first Press Conference for 2014 Mission Hills World Celebrity Pro-Am was held in Mission Hills Haikou, confirming the return of Asia’s largest Sports & Entertainment crossover event to Mission Hills Haikou from October 24th to 26th.
- Between March 24th and 27th, the 3rd Asia Golf Tourism Convention (AGTC) was held in Haikou. Our Chairman, Dr. Ken Chu, Vice Chairman, Mr. Tenniel Chu and Mission Hills Group were honored with the Outstanding Achievement & Legacy Awards by the World Golf Tourism Association.
- In April, “Mission Hills” was officially recognized as a Famous Trademark of China by the State Administration for Industry & Commerce of China Trademark Review and Adjudication Board. This is another significant milestone in the history of China Golf as Mission Hills became the first and currently the only enterprise with this recognition.
- In April, Mission Hills Volcanic Mineral Springs and Spa in Haikou won “The Best Luxury Mineral Spring Spa – Asia Continent” by the World Luxury Spa Awards 2014.
- On April 6th, the unveiling ceremony of the movie 《The Iceman Cometh 3D – 1》 was held in Mission Hills Dongguan in the presence of Hong Kong Kung-fu star Donnie Yen, famous Chinese actor Wang Baoqiang and Dr. Ken Chu, Chairman of Mission Hills Group.
- On April 16th, the inaugural PGA China Series event, Mission Mills Haikou Open, was launched in Mission Hills Haikou.
- On April 25th, the 11th Mission Hills Golfathon kicked off in Mission Hills Dongguan.
- In June, Mission Hills Group has once again received two Awards from Global Forum of Human Settlements 2014 (GFHS) took place on 10-12 August of 2014 in Bogota, Colombia.(1)“GFHS outstanding contribution award – Individual Award (CEO)” to Dr. Ken Chu, the CEO of Mission Hills Group(2)“Global Model of Green Commercial Complex” to Mission Hills Centreville
- On June 7th, around 100 leading Chinese movie stars and celebrities gathered at Mission Hills Haikou for the grand opening of “Mission Hills • Huayi Brothers • Feng Xiaogang Movie Town” as well as attending the 20th anniversary of Huayi Brothers.
- On June 8th, the 2nd Press Conference for 2014 Mission Hills World Celebrity Pro-Am was held at Mission Hills Haikou.
- On June 18th, a total of 1,987 golfers made history at Mission Hills Shenzhen-Dongguan by taking part in the biggest single-day golf tournament in history – officially accredited as “The World’s Largest One-Day Golf Tournament” by Guinness World Records.
- On July 11th, 2014 Faldo Series China Championship was held at Annika course in Mission Hills Dongguan.
- On August 8th, Asia’s first “Football Golf Trial” officially kicked off on World Cup course, Mission Hills Shenzhen.
- On August 19th, Dr. Ken Chu, Chairman of Mission Hills Group shared his life stories at “ZHUOJIAN 2014”, a seminar themed on exchange of ideas with other renowned personalities in Culture and Business, such as Mo Yan, the winner of Nobel Prize for Literature, Hong Kong film director Ann Hui etc.
- From August 21st to 24th, the 1st Mission Hills International Food Festival, featuring cuisines and drinks from a 50+ countries and regions attracted more than 500,000 visitors.
- On August 22nd, Annika Mission Hills Girls Invitational was held at Annika course, Mission Hills Dongguan.
- On 1st September, Yao Ming, Eric Tsang and Zhang Lianwei showcased their sporting talents at Olazabal course, Mission Hills Dongguan for the upcoming Mission Hills World Celebrity Pro-Am at Mission Hills Haikou in October.
- On September 10th, led by Dr. Ken Chu, Chairman of Mission Hills Group, the Management Team and staff of Mission Hills planted hundreds of saplings on Teacher’s day.
- On September 14th, Superstar singer Jay Chou teamed up with Mission Hills Group and Hard Rock International and announced that the 1st music themed hotel – Mission Hills Hard Rock Hotel will be built in Mission Hills Haikou Resort. Chou has been named Rock Star Ambassador for the hotel as well as official Ambassador for 2014 WCPA.
- The second annual Mission Hills Reciprocal Championship was held in Mission Hills Haikou This is a golf event specifically for members of Mission Hills and reciprocal clubs, attracting golfers worldwide.
- On October 12th, the 11th Mission Hills Golfathon drew its curtain by breaking the records in both number of participants and golf rounds for this unique tournament.
- From October 24th to 26th, the 3rd Mission Hills World Celebrity Pro-Am was held at Mission Hills Haikou with attendance of Hollywood superstars Nicole Kidman, Morgan Freeman, Jessica Alba and Chris Evans, sporting legends Yao Ming, Gary Player, Evgeni Plushenko and crowds of international celebrities and golfers.
- On October 28th, the Ryder Cup heroes and close friends, Justin Rose and Ian Poulter teed it up at The Match on Rose-Poulter course in Mission Hills Dongguan to celebrate the official opening of the first golf course the pair have designed. Justin Rose beat fierce competitor, Ian Poulter 3-and-2 to win the match.
- On November 2nd, Mission Hills MH Maker Weekend Salon and the closing ceremony of the 1st Hong Kong – Shenzhen Design Biennale was held at Mission Hills Shenzhen. Dr. Ken Chu, Chairman of Mission Hills Group announced that a commercial complex of Culture and Creativity – MH Maker will be launched at Mission Hills Centerville, Shenzhen.
- At the 2014 Asian Golf Awards in Singapore in November, Mission Hills collected six awards, with the highlight being the Asia Pacific Golf Vision Award in recognition of “a golf initiative that is world class in stature”.
- At the inaugural World Golf Awards held in Quinta do Lago, Portugal, Mission Hills collected two prestigious awards – Mission Hills Haikou was named Asia’s Best Golf Hotel while the resort’s Lava Fields layout was announced as Asia’s Best Golf Course.
- In November, the one-of-a-kind “Dare to Dream” award was awarded to Mission Hills Group by the European Golf Course Owners Association at European Golf Business Conference in Barcelona, Spain.
- In November, the Chairman Dr. Ken Chu and Vice Chairman Mr. Tenniel Chu of Mission Hills Group have retained their Top Rank of 2014 Golf Inc.’s Most Powerful People in Asia and, again, in the Top 10 of The Most Powerful People in Golf.
- From December 12th to 14th, Hyundai China Ladies Open was successfully held at World Cup course, Mission Hills Shenzhen.
- Starting on January 1st, green fees for junior golfers under the age of 16 from all over the world will be waived for the Zhang Lian Wei course in Shenzhen.
- On January 28th, 1717 caddie composed the world’s largest QR Code using human bodies at Mission Hills Shenzhen, to launch the brand new concept of “Cloud Living & Micro Holiday” and promoting eco-tourism to the world.
- From March 1st -12th, Dr. Ken Chu, Chairman of Mission Hills Group, attended the China’s 12th NPC & CPPCC meetings as a National Committee member.
- On March 7th, Haikou Municipal People’s Government and Mission Hills Group hosted the “Haikou Culture and Tourism Forum 2013”. More than 500 participants, including well-known politicians, cultural celebrities, experts and scholars from China and overseas attended the conference.
- From March 7th to March 10th, the World ladies Championship 2013 was held in Mission Hills Haikou.
- On March 8th, China Ladies Olympic Golf Team announced its official establishment at Mission Hills Haikou.
- From March 13th to 15th, the 7th Faldo Series Asia Grand Final was held at the Faldo Course of Mission Hills Shenzhen.
- On March 22nd, a press conference with the theme of the “Epitome of New Lifestyle” was launched at Mission Hills Shenzhen Resort, announcing that a total amount of RMB12 billion would be invested in developing brand new commercial landmarks in Shenzhen and Haikou. The expansion project included investing in three commercial complexes, four Sports & Recreation brands, and partnering with five international hotel brands.
- On April 18th, the 10th Mission Hills Golfathon kicked off.
- On April 23rd, Mission Hills Group and the Dr. David Chu Memorial Foundation donated HKD 2 million to the residents who were affected by the Ya’An Sichuan earthquake that happened on April 20th.
- On April 27th, Lorin Maazel along with the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra was invited by Mission Hills to hold a world-class musical concert at Shenzhen Concert Hall. This was his first ever performance in China collaborating with the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra on its120th anniversary.
- Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship 2013 was held from May 22nd to 24th.
- On June 21st, “La Luna” Sarah Brightman was invited by Mission Hills to perform in Shenzhen for the first time. In the concert, as the title sponsor, Mission Hills Group donated RMB595, 590 as charitable funds for building Hope Primary Schools.
- On July 15th, Mission Hills Group held the “Cloud Living & Micro Holiday” press conference, uniting Mission Hills Shenzhen, Dongguan and Haikou to launch a series of 8 exquisitely selected tourism products revolving around the theme of “Cloud Living & Micro Holiday”.
- The 8th Faldo Series China Championship was held at Leadbetter Course of Mission Hills Dongguan from July 22nd to 23rd .
- From August to October, China’s biggest amateur invitational golf tournament, the 2013 Mission Hills Top 100 Championship was held at Mission Hills Haikou.
- On August 8th, the signing ceremony for London South China University • Haikou was held in Haikou. London South China University • Haikou has been established through collaboration between the Haikou Municipal Government, the South China University of Technology, the University of London and Mission Hills Group. Located at Mission Hills Haikou Resort, it will be an international University where the focus will be on disciplines in the areas of leisure tourism and management.
- From August 21st to 23rd, the 2013 Annika Invitational was successfully held at Mission Hills.
- On August 22nd, Mission Hills St. Andrews Charity Pro-Am Tournament was held at Mission Hills Dongguan’s Olazabal Course. Former world no.1 ladies golf legend Annika Sorenstam was also present at this charity tournament.
- On October 12th, the Rose-Poulter Course, which was jointly designed by two British golf stars, Justin Rose and Ian Poulter, was officially unveiled.
- On October 28th, The Match at Mission Hills was held in Haikou. Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy had a brilliant one-on-one showdown, where eventually McIlroy edged out Woods by one shot at 67 pars in total. The event attracted nearly 20,000 golf fans.
- The 1st Mission Hills Academy Cup Grand Final was held on December 14th and December 15th 2013 at Zhang Liang Wei Course in Mission Hills Shenzhen.
- From December 21st to 22nd, the second quarter final of the Mission Hills Golf Series Junior Tour was held at Dongguan’s Annika Course.
- The 20th anniversary of Mission Hills.
- On 2 －4 March, Women’s golf reached new heights as the inaugural World Ladies Championship hit a successful close, with 108 players from around the world gathered at Mission Hills • Haikou for the event.
- On 2 March, guests and celebrities gathered at Mission Hills • Haikou for the 3rd Haikou Golf and Tourism Forum.
- On 12 April, Mission Hills announced that it would invest US$800 million to build a new leisure and commercial landmark, Mission Hills Centreville. Located in Shenzhen’s Longshua New District, Mission Hills Centreville will be the area’s only H.O.P.S.C.A. (hotel, offices, parks, shopping malls, clubs and apartments) development — a one-stop shopping, entertainment, leisure and business hub. The project is expected to open by the end of 2013.
- On 1 st May, 9th “Mission Hills Golfathon” is opened
- On 24 May, Three major players from China’s leisure and entertainment industries came together recently to announce a new, ground-breaking film-themed commercial venture – Mission Hills, Huayi Brothers, Feng XiaoGang Movie-Themed Town.
- The fifth-annual Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship was held on May 25
- June, The season finale of the Mission Hills Junior Series was held on June 9 at the World Cup Course in Shenzhen.
- On June 15, Mission Hills Shenzhen and Dongguan announced an onsite inspection and appraisal had been performed to rate levels of eco-friendliness according to the grading system of China Low Carbon Tourist Demonstration Destination.
- July, The Mission Hills Clubhouse and Hotel reopened on 1 July after months of renovation.
- The Faldo Series China Championship was played on the Faldo Course, from July 10 to 11.
- On 8 August , Mission Hills backed the third “Guangdong Supporting the Poor Day” by announcing its charity foundation named after Dr. David Chu, the founder of Mission Hills Group. It made an initial donation of RMB 1 million to help impoverished people in underdeveloped regions. The donation marked the inauguration and operation of “Dr. David Chu Memorial Foundation”.
- On 24 August, “Global Ambassador of Golf” Annika Visits Mission Hills,Witnesses the crowning of the champion of the second Annika Invitational.
- On 25 August, Dr. Ken Chu, chief president of China Sports Federation (Hong Kong) and chairman of Mission Hills Group, held a dinner at Harbour Grand Kowloon in honor of the Delegation of the London Olympics’ Mainland Gold Medalists.
- In September, the first Hard Rock international hotel in mainland China has settled down in Mission Hills Mall, bringing Dorian Ho Bridal along with it to establish a one-stop high-class wedding customization service.
- On 7 October,The 9th Mission Hills Golfathon Finals has finally come to a close. More than 100 finalists from Shenzhen, Dongguan and Haikou competed on the World Cup Course at Mission Hills •Shenzhen for the grand finals championship.
- On 18 October , Mission Hills • Haikou was certified “the World’s Largest Spa Resort” by the Guinness World Records, making it a bright new international calling card for Mission Hills.
- October 19 saw the grand opening ceremony for the extravaganza, Stars came out to dazzle at the grand cross-industry tournament when the remarkable “super show” of 2012 Mission Hills World Celebrity Pro-Am opened at Mission Hills Haikou! The event brought together over 100 top global golf pros, world-class celebrities, and the crème de la crème of the business world. It is renowned as Asia’s leading golf, entertainment and lifestyle event.
- On 4 November, The 2012 WGC-HSBC Champions ended with complete success on the Olazabal Course at Mission Hills Dongguan Golf Club, fulfilling the promise of the late Dr. David Chu, who had devoted his life to the development of golf in China. Global golf superstars gathered at Mission Hills and wrote a splendid chapter in golf history.
- The sixth golf course at Mission Hills•Haikou opened in January 2011.
- World-renewed golf entertainer and trick-shot artist Jeremy Dale visited Mission Hills•Haikou and Mission Hills•Dongguan on 14 and 15 January.
- 20th Jan, Mission Hills Shenzhen hosted the inaugural Golf Series Junior Tour Grand Final with a surprise winner.
- 2nd-4th, Faldo course held in the Asian Cup finals.
- 11th-13th March, World Cup stadium in host ISPS Handa legendary World Professional Championships – Mission Hills Golf Club Presents, which was first held in China in the Asian evergreen game.
- 18th-21st March, 2011 Haikou Golf and Tourism forum was held in Mission Hills Haikou.
- 12th April, Tiger Woods visited the Mission Hills Golf Club in Dongguan, in the Olazabal Course for teaching the youth model, which is – Tiger Woods in China’s first public teaching activities free of charge. Woods also Nike Golf Junior Championship at Mission Hills player award winners.
- 12th April, The annual meeting of the advisory Council on Science and Technology of the Hainan provincial government was held at Mission Hills Resort,Haikou.Zeng Peiyan,the former member of the Communist Party of China Central Committee.Vice Premier of State Council,and the current Chairman of the Advisory Council of Hainan provincial government; Li Jiayang,the vice president of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chairman of the Advisory Council on Sicence and Technology;and Luo Baoming,Deputy Secretary and Governor of Hainan Province,presented their speeches at the meeting.
- 18th April,Dr.David Chu is set to receive KPMG’S LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD,He is the first Asian to receive this recognition.
- 27th April,The 8th Mission Hills Golfathon teed off at Dongguan Clubhouse .
- 10 May,Dr.Ken Chu,Executive Vice Chairman of Mission Hills Group are invited to pass the torch for Shenzhen Universiade at Shenzhen University.
- 15 May,Mr Tenniel Chu,Vice Chairman of Mission Hills Golf Club are invited to pass the torch for Shenzhen Universiade at Guangzhou University city.
- 13 May,Mission Hills was awarded National AAAAA tourist Attraction status by the China National Tourism Administration(CNTA)
- 1 July,As of July 1, the funding-raising campaigns of “Shenzhen charity day” have successfully raise money more than 1.8 million, including Mission Hills Golf Club donation of 800,000, Matsumoto building community contributions 116,000 yuan, 101,000 yuan a large puddle community contributions, Guihua Community 101,000 million.
- 17 August,157 elite golfers from universities around the world gathered on MissionHills Shenzhen, hey were to compete on the World Cup course and the Vijay course for four gold medals in the men’s and women’s individual and team tournaments of the 26th Summer Universiade, Shenzhen.
- 25 August,Annika Sorenstam made her fourth visit at Mission Hills on 25 and 26 August,to host the first ever tournament for young female golfers in China.
- 5 September,“ Golfers Fund Raising Campaign 2011” was held in Mission Hills Dongguan, All proceeds raised in this event would go to the a school for deafmutes in Shiqian, Tongren,Guizhou
- Mission Hills announced the creation of the Mission Hills Group Golf Series Junior Tour, it promising to nurture and develop a deeper pool of golf talent in China.
- The 4th Faldo Series Asia came to a successful close on 12 March, 2010, Japanese Masamichi ITO became overall champion at the Grand Final.
- PGA announced the OMEGA World Cup a bi-annual event, with the 2011 World Cup to be held in Mission Hills•Haikou.
- 2010 Boao Haikou Golf and Tourism forum was held at Mission Hills Haikou on 18th March. In the same day, the Mission Hills Star Trophy held the initial Press conference.
- 28th March, The Mission Hills Golf Academy by Zhang Lianwei has finally unveiled itself to public on 28 March 2010.
- 1st July, Mission Hills China, developer of the world’s largest golf club and impetus for China’s golf boom, has partnered with acclaimed instructor Hank Haney to establish the Hank Haney Golf Academy at Mission Hills•Haikou.
- 27th July, Greg Norman Mission Hills Junior Development Program which featured 37 golfers aged 11-15 from nine provinces around China, is a non-profit initiative aimed at cultivating a wider pool of golfing talent with the goal of producing China’s first Olympic golfers in time to compete in Rio in 2016, when the sport returns to the Games roster. This program will be held every year and last for one week, with participants determined by selection trials and references from China’s provincial golf associations.
- 28th – 31th October, The Mission Hills Star Trophy is held at Mission Hills•Haikou. The Mission Hills Star Trophy is a dynamic new event that brings together Hollywood’s A-list elite, international entertainment stars and worldwide leading professional golfers at Asia’s most distinguished golf resort, Mission Hills?Haikou. The tournament is one of the first major world events that support a government-led initiative to make Hainan a leading international tourism destination in the coming years, a campaign in which golf will play a central role.
- Mission Hills, the Masters, the R&A and the Asia-Pacific Golf Confederation jointly announced the creation of the Asian Amateur Championship. With its exemption to the Masters, the Asian Amateur Championship took the blue print of the Mission Hills Asia-Pacific Open Amateur Championship to the next level.
- Mission Hills hosted the inaugural Asian Amateur Championship. The event sets new standards around the world for premier amateur golf competitions and is broadcast in over 150 countries.
- PGA TOUR’s Board of Directors honours Dr. David Chu, founder and chairman of Mission Hills China, with the creation of an award in his name. His pioneering work in the sport also earned him the honour of becoming the award’s first recipient. Dr. Chu joined the likes of Byron Nelson, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Payne Stewart with Tour-sponsored awards. It is anticipated that in future years the award will be given in Dr. Chu’s name to other worthy recipients who have been instrumental in developing golf in China.
- Mission Hills hosted the 55th World Cup of Golf, the third consecutive edition since the club took on its role as long term host of the Omega Mission Hills World Cup in 2007. A strong field with 3 of the top 10 players competed for the honor of their country and US$5.5 million in prize money. Italy’s Molinari brothers seized the 2009 championship title in a final round showdown, winning with one point over previous year’s champions Sweden and Team Ireland in a tie for second place.
- Dr. David Chu, founder and chairman of Mission Hills Group, has been named to Golf Inc.’s 2009 list of the “Most Powerful People in Golf.” Dr. Chu rose from No. 9 in 2008 to No. 7 in the latest ranking. For the second consecutive year, he was the highest-ranked non-American. Other Top 10 honourees include Jack Nicklaus (No. 1), Tiger Woods (No. 3) and PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem (No. 6).
- Mission Hills and Jack Nicklaus joined hands in creating the Mission Hills Jack Nicklaus Junior Championship; the tournament aimed to create opportunities for junior golfers of all nationalities under the age of 18 to compete against one another under professional tournament conditions.
- Mission Hills hosted the 54th World Cup of Golf, the second consecutive edition of the tournament at its home in China. 180,000 spectators and television viewers in 148 countries watched Team Sweden win the prestigious title.
- Adding an eleventh course by master golf course architect Pete Dye, and a twelfth layout by the Chinese godfather of golf, Zhang Lianwei, Mission Hills is now complete with 12 courses featuring a total of 216 holes. The club beats its own world record and again is recognized by the Guinness World Records as the world’s largest golf club.
- The World Cup of Golf began a new and exciting era of success under its new title “Omega Mission Hills World Cup” when Mission Hills secured an unprecedented deal to host the tournament through 2018. The event boasts Asia’s highest purse and is the only event on the continent sanctioned by all international Golf Tours.
- Mission Hills and The Celtic Manor Resort in Wales (venue of the 2010 Ryder Cup) joined hands in hosting the inaugural Goodwill Trophy – a tournament which pits the best golfers from the Ryder Cup countries against the rest of the world.
- Mission Hills became the “Home of the Faldo Series Asia” as the series’ original launching partner. Hosting the annual Grand Finals on its Faldo Course, Mission Hills and Nick Faldo joined efforts to promote junior golf development in Asia.
- Mission Hills and the Asia Pacific Golf Confederation jointly created the Mission Hills Asia Pacific Open Amateur Championship, the first event in China where players’ results counted towards The R&A’s amateur rankings. The success of this tournament over the next 3 years paved the way for the creation of the prestigious Asian Amateur Championship.
- With 10 courses and 180 holes, Mission Hills is accredited by the Guinness World Records as the world’s largest golf club, beating America’s famous Pinehurst Golf Club with eight 18-hole courses.
- Mission Hills created the “Mission Hills Golfathon”, an annual tradition at the resort that saw thousands of avid golfers from around the world vying to record the best score across 10 courses (180 holes).
- Mission Hills hosted the inaugural Dynasty Cup, a tournament developed in conjunction with the Asian and Japan Tour; the tournament pits Team Asia against Team Japan in a Ryder Cup-style event.
- Mission Hills opened 5 more 18-hole courses designed by Annika Sorenstam, David Duval, David Leadbetter, Jose Maria Olazabal and Greg Norman. Construction on the five courses is completed in a mere 12 months, setting a new development benchmark for the industry.
- Mission Hills hosted the Ernie Els China Challenge on its new course by the South African legend.
- The Els Course was completed by the legendary South African golfer, Ernie Els, adding the fifth 18-hole layout to the Mission Hills complex.
- The Mission Hills Tiger Woods China Challenge marked the legendary player’s first trip to China. The event and visit by golf’s greatest modern ambassador raised the awareness of the sport among millions of Chinese and stirs a tremendous growth in the country’s golfing population in the ensuing years.
- Mission Hills’ Country Club hosted the China Open Snooker.
- Nick Faldo completed China’s first stadium course at Mission Hills, adding the fourth 18-hole course to the resort’s collection.
- Mission Hills’ 51-court tennis complex at the Country Club hosted the Centennial Davis Cup, celebrating the tennis event’s 100th anniversary.
- Jumbo Ozaki of Japan completed his layout at Mission Hills to create the resort’s third 18-hole layout known as the “Ozaki Course”.
- Mission Hills hosted the Johnnie Walker Super Tour.
- Mission Hills’ “Vijay Course” designed by the Fijian golf legend Vijay Singh was the second 18-hole to be opened.
- The Volvo China Tour and Coca-Cola Open are some of the first big golf events to be hosted at Mission Hills.
- Mission Hills hosted the 41st World Cup of Golf on its Jack Nicklaus course; the event marked China’s inaugural hosting a major international golf tournament.
- Mission Hills starts operations with the opening of its Jack Nicklaus’ “World Cup Course”; the course is China’s first to be accredited by the Federation of Golf and quickly gained critical acclaim as one of Asia’s best championship courses.
- Champion golfer, Gary Player, hosted the Gary Player Charity Golf Tournament at a brand new Mission Hills.
- Construction begins on the Mission Hills Shenzhen complex; over 180 million cubic meters of dirt – or a volume equivalent to filling Beijing’s Olympic Stadium “The Bird’s Nest” 36 times – is moved to create the resort we know today.